cheesecake supplement for english speaking italians
- chocolate version
- Replace "bricciole di biscotti fatti con farina integrale e malto"
with chocolate cookie crumbs (not necessary).
For cheesecake batter use: 680g Philadelphia cream cheese, 1 scatola di
latte intero condensato zuccherato,
4 uova, 1 bustina vaniglia, 350g
cioccolato semifondente fuso.
Bake for 65 minutes at 150 C° (300° F).
Then cool and put in fridge.
OPTIONAL: Add mandorle tritate to the
cheesecake batter before baking.
- "sour cream" toppings in Italy
- Mix 1 large scatola di Fiorello with 1 small yogurt of your choice.
Add sugar to taste (circa 2 cucchiai).
Pour on cheesecake at end of baking period and bake 5 minutes at 230 C° (450° F).
- fruit toppings: strawberry
- 1 liter fresh strawberries, or frozen, pulite (washed and hulled)
1/4 cup (60 milliliters) water
3/4 cup (175g) sugar (zucchero)
1 1/2 teaspoon (cucchiaino) cornstarch (amido di grano)
1 teaspoon butter (cucchiaino di burro)
Puree 1 cup of berries in blender (frullatore), add rest of ingredients except
Pour in saucepan, boil for about 2 minutes until thickened.
Blend in butter. Remove from heat.
Pour back into blender and puree. Let cool slightly.
Arrange rest of whole berries on cheesecake and spoon glaze over them (what you
just made is the glaze).
- fruit toppings: peach (alla
- Substitute 2 or 3 very mature peaches for 1 cup berries.
Since peaches are juicy, probably no water will be necessary.
Cut up 2 or 3 very mature peaches in small thin slices and arrange on top of
cheesecake and cover with glaze.
- fruit toppings: pineapple (all'ananas)
- Substitute 1 cup canned pineapple for 1 cup berries.
Cut up 3 or 4 rings of pineapple into small pieces and arrange in rings on cheesecake and cover with glaze.
- cheesecake hints
- If the cake puffs up and cracks excessively the oven is too hot. Lower heat.
Do NOT open oven during first 3/4 of baking time.
If possible make the cheesecake 24 hours before serving time.
- As part of the failed Italian cheesecake campaign, some helpful hints for doing various cheesecakes
in Italy in English.