pork chops with portabello mushrooms and roasted peppers
We always keep some frozen meat in the freezer. Generally it is consumed not with
advanced planning but with sudden needrequiring a microwave quick thaw and
improvised preparation. This recipe is a slight variation of the cook's mom's Armenian
meat treatment ("cow in red wine sauce"). Pretty
tasty, assuming it's okay to admit liking stuff that once had a face. Served with Armenian rice with almonds. The cook had some wine. And fell asleep
in front of the TV. A Friday night collapse. Meanwhile the bob channel surfed onto
princess uninterrupted until. The mother-in-law calls to announce the Miss USA pageant
that we are missing. bob makes the big sacrifice.
- 4 pork chops
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 small portabello mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 c red wine
- 2 t tomato paste
- 1/2 c water
- 4 oz roasted peppers, about 4 pieces from a jar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the pork chops in the olive oil in a pressure cooker and set them aside.
- Add garlic and sauté without browning.
- Add mushrooms, sauté a bit and then add the wine and evaporate it.
- Then put back the pork chops and add the roasted peppers.
- Dissolve the tomato paste in the water and add.
- Check the seasoning and then pressure cook about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Release pressure and serve.
- Ani, maybe you should check this version over?