simple salmon steaks
This was our first experience with the garlic salmon combo. And the secret ingredient
that made it memorable was the sweet red pepper paste, which we had on hand thanks to some
of isgouhi's handmade version that we keep in the freezer.
- 2 lbs salmon steaks or filet (about 6 for 6 people)
- 1 heaping t sweet red pepper paste
- 1/4 t cayenne red pepper
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/4 t salt
- 5,6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced crosswise into 6 pieces
- Mix up the marinade stuff and coat all the pieces thoroughly in a baking dish and put in
the refrigerator for an hour or so.
- Place one slice of lemon on each piece of fish.
- Bake at 350º for about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish pieces.
- Later we got an independent slant on this idea from nora.